SET THE MOOD
Get your evening started by putting on this custom playlist to transport you to Reverie's dining roomListen Here
MATZO AND CAVIAR
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. 2. Pipe the cultured butter onto a plate or into a small ramekin and serve with the caviar and matzo.
1. Open bag
1. Pour the bashed cucumbers into a bowl and serve.
MATZO BALL SOUP, CARROT MISO, CHICKEN BROTH
1. Place chicken broth, carrot miso and matzo balls in a medium sauce pot on the stove and set the heat to just under the highest setting. 2. Bring the broth up to a quick simmer and then turn the heat down to low. 3. Set a timer for 15 minutes. 4. When the timer goes off, bring the pot back to a simmer and add the matzo poix. 5. Turn off the heat and let it sit for 3 minutes. 6. When you are ready to serve, gently spoon out each matzo ball and place into individual serving bowls with a slotted spoon. 7. Once all four are in their respective bowls, spoon the broth out into each bowl, being sure to evenly distribute the broth and the veggies.
PICKLED BEETS, SMOKED TROUT ROE, DELI FLAVORS
1. Rough chop the chives & dill. 2. Pipe the horseradish cream into the bottom of your serving dish and spread it around. 3. Scatter the pickled beets over the horseradish cream.4. Sprinkle the everything spice over top of the beets. 5. The pickled onions go on next over the everything spice. 6. Next, distribute the hard boiled egg over the pickled onions. You may need to break it up a bit with your fingers. 7. Disperse the chives & dill. 8. To finish, spoon the trout roe on top of the dish.
CORNED TRI-TIP WITH SMOKED TOMATO GRAVY
1. Place smoked tomato gravy in a large sauté pan on the stove. 2. Splay corned beef tri-tip out on top of the tomato gravy and cover with a lid and set the temperature to low. 3. Set a timer for 5 minutes. 4. When the timer goes off, check on the beef and then set a timer for 15 minutes. 5. Check on the corned beef to make sure it’s fully warmed when the final timer goes off. 6. Transfer the beef to a serving plate trying to keep it shingled and looking pretty. 7. Pour the tomato gravy over top.
SOUTHERN KUGEL, RICOTTA, CHOW CHOW, SAGE & PECAN BROWN BUTTER
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. 2. Place the sage & pecan brown butter in a warm spot on your stove top. 3. Place kugel on a sheet tray or oven-safe sauté pan. 4. Put the kugel in the oven and set a timer for 15 minutes. 5. When the timer goes off, move the kugel to the top rack of the oven and turn on the broiler. Set a timer for 3 minutes. 6. When the kugel timer goes off, simply slide the kugel onto a serving dish and pour the sage & pecan brown butter over top as evenly as you can. 7. Do the same with the chow chow and you’re all set.
KOJI CREAMED GREENS
1. Place the koji creamed greens into a small sauce pot on the stove and turn the heat to low. 2. The greens will need to be stirred several times during the re-warming process. Now is a good time for the first stir and, later on, give them a go whenever you think about it. 3. When the greens are hot, pour the koji creamed greens into a serving bowl.
APPLE SUNCHOKE CAKE, WHEY CARAMEL SAUCE
1. Once you are done preparing the main course, turn the oven off and place your apple sunchoke cake in the oven. 2. Let it sit in there while you enjoy the meal to gently warm up. 3. When you are ready to serve, remove apple sunchoke cake from the oven, slice into however many portions feels good to you. 4. Cover each in a healthy layer of the whey caramel
A truly great pairing can do more than just bring balance to a meal, it can bring new meaning to a dish by bringing out subtle flavors. That’s an excellent reason to break free of the usual go-to pairings and, instead, listen to the sage advice of the country’s best somms, who devote their lives to figuring out the perfect drink to go with everything.
RECOMMENDATIONS BY DIRT CANDY
Gramona ‘Mart’ Penedés Rosé
Elegant and lively, this varietal red xarel·lo smells of citrus, rose petals and pink pepper, with hints of wild strawberries and herbs. Linear, focused and crisp, with a gently bitter note and a remembrances of forest berries. This rosé has a medium-long, citrusy finish, and is light-hearted, fresh and engagingly mediterranean.Serving Suggestion: Cold 40° - 50°
Rudi Pichler Grüner Veltliner Federspiel, Wachau
A bright and refreshing wine, with rich, lush fruit that comes from plantings on the valley floor, while terraced vines deliver pinpoint cut. The result is a chiseled, crystalline, and fresh grüner veltliner — a noble, mineral-inflected white wine.Serving Suggestion: Cold 40° - 50°
El Enemigo Cabernet Franc, Gualtallary, Tupungato, Mendoza
This cabernet franc is ruby red in color with soft violet tones. the nose has intense aromas and concentrated notes of cassis, ripe currants, and sweet spices including black pepper and cloves. Fresh impact and excellent structure on the palate, reminiscent of ripe red fruits with hints of eucalyptus and tagged black pepper. This wine has an excellent balance and elegance with a well-structured, persistent finishServing Suggestion: Cool 55° - 65°
WATCH OUT FOR
Allergens & Ingredients
Take a deep dive into all the fabulous ingredients in this feast so that you can takehosting to the next level.The feast you’re about to enjoy from Jewel of the South contains the following major allergens.Alliums, Gluten, Dairy, Nuts, Red Meat, Pork, Cooked Alcohol, Legumes, FungiFor a complete list of allergens and ingredients, please follow the link belowALLERGENS